Friday, August 29, 2008
What is it about my feet that they're so narrow? I can barely keep my shoes on unless I walk in a certain way that leaves blisters at the back.
So. Yeah. Met with Meng and Candae at 12 plus at Toa Payoh. They were chowing on McDonalds grub when I arrived.
'...whoa you look more fashionable now...'
'...you're... (long pause)... prettier now...' (ah, I hope I wasn't butt-ugly before...)
'hahaha slim but flabby!' (ahhhhhhh)
We took bus 31. Meng went on to Parkway and Candy and I dropped off at our ex-usual stop. Bird had told us the teachers were gone, but we wanted to try our luck anyway. Meng needed to get sth at Parkway.
Met Penelope and her ex-classmates at the cafe. Were the teachers there? No, not really...
I received some meaningful looks when I told them I was at NP. Hello! Just because I'm in poly, it doesn't mean it was because I'm not bright. I CHOSE to go there. I had an l1r4 of 9 which is decent enough okay. Maybe in a highly unexpected twist of fate I screwed up my E Lit paper but I blame Dava and co., of course...
Walked to ex-school in the drizzle. Got there and was a bit on the shocked side 'cos it was so very empty. Saw some guys playing at the street soccer pitch. Remembered some of their names but there was this guy that neither Candy nor me could recall his name of.
Nobody in the canteen. Nobody in the roads. Nobody in the Audi.
There were people at the concourse though, and surprise of surprises they were from 4HM 07! About 10-15 of them? All the guys were there except for the prc ones. They didn't recognise us at first. There was a lull in conversation as they all stared at us in confusion. Then comprehension dawned, of course. They are not that slow.
'HI!'
'...oooh, it's her...hmm...'
'...skinny jeans...'
'oh, poly...' (what????)
Junwei seemed pretty delighted to find another person from poly. 'Hey, mass comm.' He had grown his hair longish and I was a bit on the surprised side. Why oh why do people always grow their long in poly? Just because they can, it doesn't mean they should. He is in business. I didn't really think he was that type, more like mass comm too, but he does know what he wants in life. Unlike, sadly, me.
Anthony is not shy anymore. Or at least as shy. He's pretty soft-spoken but I could hear him anyway and he at least makes conversation now.
They mostly looked the same. Maybe a little taller, a little browner, but still the same haircuts, the same way of walking, same expressions.
It was nice being with them for awhile because they were familiar and we got polished at the same stone anyway (cheesy expression I know but I was thinking about something Plastic Woman wrote in one of the school newsletters).
i thought the world of you
4:12 PM